Apart from mental calculations to figure out how many 2' x 2' tiles are required for tiling 590 sq.ft of floor space (with 4" skirting), I had the following thoughts over the last weekend...
1. Which other cricket team in the world do you have four batsmen who are considered the best of their generation, two who are considered the most promising and the leg spinner scores the only century of the series?
2. Why does Outlook – which is clearly the better newsmagazine on a weekly basis – screw up so spectacularly in its special issues? India Today special issues (year end, milestones, whatever) are just SO much better!
3. There is a movie set in Bombay in which the hero is called, well, Hero, the heroine Ghungroo, and the villain is called Babban. Why is this movie being compared to The Greatest Film Ever Made? Because both of them have a character called Sambha?
4. A friend of mine told me that in Golcha cinema hall located in Dariyaganj of Old Delhi, if you buy a balcony ticket, you have the option of getting a barber in for a haircut and massage. Is this correct?
5. Is 'Random' the most common word to be found in blog titles or the descriptions?
6. In cororate offices, a common refrain is heard to underline the simplicity of a problem – “Arre – its not rocket science, yaar!” What do they say for a similar situation in NASA?