One

The good doctor pulled out a slippery, gooey mess – not unlike a chicken marinated in tikka masala – and exclaimed – “Oh good, Dipta. A quiet boy like you. You won’t have to manage another one like Trishna.” (Ahem!)
Trishna took a look at the mess and squealed, “Oh god, he is so ugly. Just like ET. And so cute.”
Those first words are an apt summation of the last one year’s roller coaster of emotions and actions.

They are usually two kinds of creators in the world – Pygmalion and Doctor Frankenstein. And we veered between the two with a speed that would have scared a certified schizophrenic. One moment, we were totally in love with our bundle of Joy and the next, we were ready to give him to the next passing stranger!

Sometimes, I marveled at how much our parents did for me. Remember, they did not have diapers or wet wipes!
Sometimes, I wondered why I fell for my wife’s idea in the first place!
The other times, I was just too tired to think.

And as Mr Dyujoy Chaudhuri completes a year of entering our lives, I have to thank him. He made me realize the limits of my endurance. Then, he made me extend them!
And finally, he made me enjoy it all!

Comments

Anonymous said…
here's wishing the Joy of your life a very happy first birthday!!
Space Bar said…
happy birthday, joy! and congratulations to the both of you! much love.
Anonymous said…
oooh, congratulations! err...to Joy Boy... for surviving his parents! :P
iz said…
haooy birthday to junior chaudhary. and congrats to senior, for post that any kid would like to have wriiten about him.
Hornswoggler said…
Came here through MM. Am a bit teary eyed now. Lovely post. And Happy Birthday to Mr Dyujoy Chaudhuri
dipali said…
Many happy returns to the birthday boy, and heartiest congratulations to the proud parents.
Here's wishing li'l Joy a wonderful first birthday! :)
Diligent Candy said…
This post is from the heart ...I can feel it :) very-very-very well said...I am glad someone else in this world feels the way I do ...(note to self: hang in there you are not alone) ...

Happy birthday Joy - I shall drink to a wonderful set of parents and the great kid you are...