Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Author Count: 2

I am slowly but surely edging into into the Celebrity Circuit.

About a month or two back, a friend published her first book of poems and that too, by the Sahitya Akademi - no less! When I met her after the Delhi launch, I was too tongue-tied to ask her even if it was the same Akademi, which awards Vikram Seth and Anita Desai every now and then. Considering that Mr Seth was also awarded for a book of poems, she is obviously in august company.

Now, another ex-colleague has published his first book. When he told me about this about a year back, I assumed that he is going the Chetan Bhagat route of lad lit and would come up with a tale of a MBA who sells soap in Bihar (which he did)! Evidently, I had underestimated him. He is actually going the Deepak Chopra way.
A self-help book for the 'Dil Chahta Hai' Generation (as he calls it) is fantastically priced and is likely to be available everywhere you would hope to find it. He is a FMCG marketer, after all!

So, I know two authors and very soon, I will be standing next to them at an art exhibition, holding a glass of white wine and talking about our long association.
Actually, I know one more celebrity who is big enough to have been attacked, her site vandalised and sent into hiding temporarily! But I cannot name her. As it is, more people come here looking for her than for me!

8 comments:

Space Bar said...

if you're talking celebrity circuit, how could you leave out all the celebs you've had wine and cheese with in hyderabad?!

Diligent Candy said...

:) made my day ...

for me you are the celebrity - sitting in a living room in holland 3 indians quote from your blog and then sigh ...clink their wine glasses and toast the memories...

aur kya chaiya... you are already there, not as a bystander but a member...

Anonymous said...

its nice to know that she has gone into hiding temporarily. though i wanted u to know something which might make u feel glad...i chked out her blog from urs.I came across ur blog while searching for bollywood trivia nd sometime later from ur blog i started visiting hers too... :)

Anonymous said...

nice warm n witty :)

Spontaneity and Afterthought said...

Absolute fun-tastic morning for me...you are so hilarious!!! I absolutely come to read you. Your sense of humor is so fun and your sarcasm is so harmless. I am sure the celebrities are the happy lucky ones to have you as a friend.

the mad momma said...

sharrup Dipta..I'll poison your wine on the 31st.

@spacebar: oh God! Those were fun days - wine and cheese with hyd's page 3s!

The Mad Momma said...

and by the way - i didnt go into hiding at all! I moved to my own domain and it flopped because i dont know how to work it!!

Anonymous said...

Hey,

A friend of mine mailed me this post of yours:
http://india-smiles-contest.sulekha.com/blog/post/2005/03/24-frames-per-second-diptakirti-chaudhuri.htm

It amazes me to even imagine how you can manage to write like this...It's mind-blowing, hilarious, tougue-in-cheek all rolled into one...

Reviews of Khoya Khoya Chand & Taare Zameen Par awaited.

Cheers,
PK