A Tag


I don't know if this a new tag or an old tag but since this is a Mad Momma tag, I dare not ignore it!

20 years ago I . . .
1. was preparing for my first board exams – Madhyamik.
2. was looking forward to watching Hum, first day first show.
3. was quite sure I would flunk Biology and have to sit for the exam again next year.

10 years ago I . . .
1. was King of Bihar, with 12 salesmen and some 80 distributors ready to die at my command (or so I thought). I also thought thought real men did sales and Marketing was for wimps.
2. got a mobile phone for first time and thought it was a pain. Especially the T9 text input.
3. was spending two days a week in Calcutta, of which most was in Olypub.

6 years ago, I had started my blog at around this time of the year…

5 years ago I . . .
1. was about to join a media company and all my friends asked if it was for a position in journalism.
2. was juggling with a notice period to be served and being in Calcutta & Kerala for my sister’s wedding.
3. just got to know that I was going to become a father.

3 years ago I . . .
1. was about to move into a Marketing position (and I thought Sales was for analytical people while Marketing was for the creative types).
2. watched Ramgopal Verma ki Aag alone in a hotel room.
3. did not imagine one day I would send SMS-sized updates on my life and thoughts to people I didn’t know.

1 year ago I . . .
1. saw my father give up on something for the first time in his life.
2. was about to do the most I have done in a year (but I didn’t know it then).
3. bought a somewhat expensive work of art for the first time.

So far this year I . . .
1. have tried to teach my son Hindi (and had my wife laugh at us).
2. seen only one film (in the theatre) but have bought 7 VCDs of films I missed last year.
3. have seen my book in print and my friends paying good money to read it.

Yesterday I . . .
1. downloaded two issues of Wired magazine on my iPad and realized that I was a geek at heart.
2. went to Deer Park near Hauz Khas and debated with if we should make a detour toward Gunpowder.
3. wondered No TV Day would be quite easy to do but a No TV Week would be brutal.

Today I . . .
1. complete 8 years of annoying one woman
2. have taken half a day off from work
3. will not annoy that woman (*conditions apply)

Tomorrow I will . . .
1. again annoy that woman
2. be back at work (full-day)
3. hopefully come back from work to find my son awake

In the next year I will . . .
1. complete writing a non-fiction book on Bollywood
2. visit Jaisalmer to see Shonar Kella for real
3. be a father again

Comments

RC said…
So did you go to Gunpowder? You must - when the wife is again in a state to climb up 4 stories. The view from their verandah is 'chomotkar', as is the food.
Surabhi said…
Happy Anniversary Dipto!
Er, what's that Bollywood book going to be on? I'm really curious...
Callezee said…
calcutta zigerdhana dhood is very famous......
MaihoonDON said…
Wow-some!
Happy Anniversary! :)
the mad momma said…
well if you'd just stuck with the darn plan and met us at the right gate, we could all have eaten at gunpowder.
dipali said…
Happy anniversary, guys!
You have a very good site that the main thing a lot of interesting and beautiful!
Anamika said…
No one commented on your last statement? Congratulations on the father bit.
Meghbalika said…
This comment has been removed by the author.